Friday, September 26, 2008

My Hubby Rocks !

I look forward to these Friday's of bragging ! Check out this blog host and giveaway for MHR's.

Last night Hubby went to Costco in the rain to do my shopping,

and he brought home 2 huge bottles of Hershry's syrup. Who can refuse a guy walking in the door with those ?

Here's a reciepe I aim to try;

SPICED CHOCOLATE EGGNOG
Ingredients:
4 cups dairy eggnog or canned eggnog, chilled
2 cups cold milk
1/3 cup HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
16 oz additional HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup
sugar
3 tablespoons HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup, divided
grated HERSHEY'S Semi-Sweet Chocolatefor Baking
3 cinnamon sticks
Directions:
1. Combine eggnog, milk, HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup, nutmeg and allspice in large pitcher; set aside.

2. Dip rim of three 16-oz pilsner glasses into additional HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup, then dip them into sugar.

3. Put 1 tablespoon of HERSHEY'S Chocolate Syrup in the bottom of each prepared glass.

4. Pour eggnog mixture into prepared glasses. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Garnish with cinnamon stick. Serve immediately.



6 comments:

katylinvw said...

how fun! i've never heard of chocolate egg nog before, but i love chocolate and i love eggnong, so where could we go wrong? :)

Serena Abdelaziz said...

How sweet of him!

Vickie said...

That egg-nog sounds yummy and really enticing after a week of hospital food :)

Have fun making it.

Vickie

Debbie said...

Wow! Chocolate Egg nog! Are you getting into the holiday spirit already? The last post and this one are Christmassy. I love your new layout...I am so sorry I haven't checked in on you in awhile. I am trying to get on a schedule for catching up with people. I love the new avatar pic. YOu all look great...and that dresser you refurbed with the rope handles looks fantastic! Hope all is going well with the homeschooling. Kyle is loving kindergarten..lots of prayers have been answered. God is good.

S'more of my Thoughts said...

Wow, that is a rockin' husband for sure!!! Way to go, Mike!

AmyK said...

Oh... my... goodness. Chocolate egg nog?! Amazing. I think I'm going to have to try it.
Mind if I put it on the list of things to maybe add to my Christmas blog, as a feature or something?