I saw another sweet blogger do her door, and a light went on in my head.
"I can do that, too ". @ Just a Girl's blogspot.
So,I cut & pasted her brand of paint to my F/B status asking if any friend's had leftover paint. No takers......so I started to pray b/c my budget doesn't allow for a can of paint.
Also,I broke my toe and was on crutches for a week, and that delayed my lightbulb moment.
Then on Hubby's day off he offered to get me, the boys and my crutches out of the house to visit a Restore. It's a store people and builders donate their leftover supplies to.
We were going just to browse, and came across a close runner up to "the" can of paint.
Well Hubby didn't want to buy it b/c there was so little in the can.
But, I insisted it would be just enough, when he took it up to the counter to pay, the clerk though he was trying to donated it, and refused the can b/c it was " too empty". ha ! The clerk ended up charging him one dollar for the can. Now, that we could afford, and as you can see from the pic it was enough......insert happy dance HERE.
I actually have left over paint and am considering doing the inside of door.
Even with 3 little boys playing all around me, asking could they help, I got it done ! Done while Hubby was at work and would not have a heart attack witnessing the carnage of an open can of black paint .
The door is metal, which the paint was specific to metal and went on easily.
It now displays son's artwork, and we are all quite happy with it.
What do you think ? And, would you ever paint anything black ?
1 comment:
You're joking, right? You actually found THEE can I recommended? That's hilarious! This is such a great story, and the door turned out fantastic! Did you like the paint or what? :) Hey, do you mind if I share this post with my readers? I think others would appreciate it!
Post a Comment