Monday, April 28, 2008




Here I go, again.




For those of you wondering about my CVSing, I'm going to try to keep it simple and encouraging.


There are great blogs that explain, step-by-step, how to collect coupons, earn extra care buck, and combine your order to make the most of the deals. Reading these blogs is how I learned little by little, and now I've got the hang of it. Feel free to click on pic to enlarge and see the "breakdown" on receipts.





this Mom lives in N.VA, also. I'm waiting to see her shopping in "my"CVS.http://sahmmoney.blogspot.com/2008/04/cvs-this-week-427.html


These blogs often give links of what is on sale, so you can print it for yourself, or know where to find it,..ie.. Washington Post, etc...




Honestly this takes me a chunk of my time to gather the coupons, but it's allowed me to purchase items, I'd otherwise not afford.




This is my purchase today. I made three transactions. And, accumulated 23 items.

I spent $20.71, and have an extra care buck worth $5.00.

So, 23 items for $ 20.71. That's .90 each item. Now, that's not bad.


These are items, I'll give to my Mom or put in storage for later. Maybe even put a bag together for someone in need. Now you may wonder what in the world will they do with 5 lint rollers? One in laundry room, one in each car, one in each top drawer dresser. Now if you see me out and I'm covered in lint, remind me .













4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Holly. I see people talk about this all the time and I just have to ask......WHAT is CVS? Is it a store? I had never heard of it until I read some blogs. Thanks :)
LKS

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Was checking your last week's CVS shopping post and was wondering how you got your Lypsyl's free. There were free after ECB's for March right? I never saw them in my store at all. Did you get a rain check for them? Please let me know.

Thanks,

ohhollyf said...

Dear Anonymous,
Yes, my CVS will give raincheck on outofstock items. So you are right I received them free from the raincheck.

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Hi Holly,

Sorry it's taken me so long to get here! You're doing great at CVS. Keep up the great work!

Gina

ps--I shop at four different CVSs, depending on what part of town I'm in and what I'm looking for (they have different levels of stock at different times of the week), but mostly in the Springfield area. Where are you shopping?